Saturday, July 23, 2011

Settling In

I've been busy busy busy as I settle into the working life and North Carolina. It's been a wonderful experience so far.

Work

Working has been challenging, but fun so far. Everyone I work with is great and very friendly. They've all made me feel very welcome. One month down, and I already have a healthy work load. I am trying to get up to speed as quickly as possible. Every day is a little different. Getting my first corporate credit card and cell phone was a fun experience. I am going to Atlanta for assistant brand manager training this coming week -- looking forward to it. 

Fun

I've been having a great time exploring North Carolina and making new friends. What are some of the fun things I've done thus far, you ask? Well...



Wine Cellar I went with coworkers...it is a pretty little bar that serves only wine, by the bottle or glass and a lot of great appetizers and sandwiches.
Dandelion Market I went with some friends to this place in Charlotte. It is a tapas style restaurant with American cuisine (delicious!)
Howl at the Moon This piano bar was great! The music was wonderful with the dueling pianos.  
Hiking at Lake Norman State Park Jessa, Brandon & I took the dogs to the park to hike the trails. Savannah is really well trained so we used her to help Maya learn to be off leash :)






Speaking of fun...Steff and I decorated pottery before I left IL and I just got these when I was home last weekend -- look at that skill! I've also been enjoying a lot of wine lately (some would say I'm turning into a wine snob but I don't agree)

Growing Up

In addition to starting work and having fun I have been crossing things off my Grown Up list. These things include: 1) getting a new phone and my own phone plan 2) test driving cars! (this part was a little scary but I am getting the hang of it) and 3) taking care of my puppy with the help of my family.  It has been a welcomed challenge and she keeps me on my toes.


That's all for now!



1 comment:

  1. Lauren Elizabeth you are doing great adjusting in NC. I am very proud of you and love you...

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts