Tuesday, August 9, 2011

New Car, New Experiences

Last week I bought my very first car -- a Hyundai Sonata! It is now my second baby (Maya is my first). I love the car and still can't get over how fun it is to drive. Here are a couple of photos: 




Car shopping was quite the experience. I learned a lot and am really glad that I didn't have to go it alone! My trusted financial advisor came with me (aka Dave) and he was the chief negotiator. A few things I learned that I will pass along to any first-time car buyers out there: 
  • Negotiate the overall price of the car first -- even if the salesmen wants to talk monthly payments
  • Always make sure you understand the interest rate they are using to calculate your payments
  • Ask what all goes into the price of the car (does it include fees/special dealership packages/other markups?)
  • Understand what you SHOULD pay for the vehicle before you go in there and what you want your payments to be
Now, on to the new experiences. On a trip to the mountains for Dave's birthday, we stopped for breakfast at a little southern diner. That is where I tried my first grits!


This picture is not all that appetizing, but it was tasty (maybe I'm a southern gal after all). I wasn't brave enough to try livermush, but that's on the menu for next time. 

I also went to our corporate headquarters in Atlanta, GA for training a couple of weeks ago. I was there for 4 days, but the best part was the trip to and from. A few fellow trainees and I got the opportunity to take the corporate jet! Check it out: 


It had only 8 passenger seats. I arrived at 7:15am and 5 minutes later we were in the air -- can't get much better than that!

Ever wonder how fast a jet goes? Well it had a screen that told us: at cruising altitudes it was going about 560mph and when it landed it was going only 115mph.

Lastly, this isn't a new car OR a new experience, but I painted pottery with Jessa and wanted to share my coaster creations! Have a look...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts