Let me first start by saying that my favorite part of cooking is the delicious drink and snack that I indulge in as I work. A little music always helps too. If you've never had a chai tea latte, I'd highly suggest it. And that cupcake you see there -- pumpkin with cream cheese frosting! YUM.
This is the butternut squash gnocchi with a butter sage sauce.
After dinner I made a fall wreath for my new apartment door. It turned out really well and was very easy to make -- my kind of project! If you'd like to know how to make one yourself, I've briefly explain.
You can find the supplies you'll need at any craft store:
- Plain wreath
- Fake leaves/flowers/decorative elements (whatever you like)
- Hot glue gun and plenty of extra glue sticks
I bought two bundles of fake leaves and started by cutting them all apart so that I had a pile of individual leaves. It may be a good idea to lay it out before you start gluing to get a good idea as to how you want it to look. But if you're anything like me -- you just jump right in.
I started by gluing all the leaves on the wreath. Those beaded parts you see, I bought as a complete strand. After gluing the leaves, I glued that around the outside and bent the wire to shape it around the outside of the wreath.
Next, I filled it the empty spaces with the pine cones, pumpkins, etc. Last, I glued the "love much" piece on the wreath.
Helpful hint: use plenty of hot glue and hold the bigger pieces in place while the glue dries.



Hello my dear niece,I am so excited for you that you get your first real apartment but sad for your mom because I am sure she is going to miss you. Sounds like you are doing wonderful. Please take lots of pictures of the apartment and post them so we can all see. Wish you were closer. Lots of love Aunt Brenda
ReplyDeleteYOU MADE BUTTERNUT SQUASH GNOCCHI?! I want some right meow. Make me some pplleeaassee?
ReplyDelete